Tuesday, February 08, 2011

In Which I Pull Myself Together

I try to decide the night before what clothes I want to wear the next day, since it saves time and I can sleep later. Last night I opted for my peachy-pink sweater (which I think might have been from La Redoute when they were still in business) and my brown pants, which, as my students pointed out today, have a nice sheen (from The Limited). Naturally, I'd wear my St. John's Bay brown boots, a plain white T, and my necklace beaded with selections from the Glass Onion Bead Co. in Appleton, WI.
My hair I leave to chance. Yesterday, for some reason, it was very glamorously smooth. Today, not so much, making it very obvious I need my ends trimmed. As I noticed, however, my snood (from Love21) is a pretty fair match for this sweater. Why not?
So, here you see me, in an "outfit," hard at work at my desk (for the purposes of this picture). Not bad, eh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely mix of color. One of colleagues often wears a snood...it's an item I don't have.

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

I totally pick my outfit out the night before, too. For pretty much the same reason :)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! I think snoods are hard to style chicly, but your ensemble -- and your pretty face -- make the snood a just right accessory.

Abs said...

Thanks folks.
The snood as a garment is elusive, and it's hard to find one that looks right for one's particular hair. Alyssa Milano used to wear some on Charmed, and I have been looking for good ones ever since. It is definitely an unusual choice, and they come in and out of fashion. I don't like them to be poofy, and they don't really sell the sleek net ones anymore (that don't look like an actual hair net!)

Hadjare said...

Nice, I think my favorite part was the glimpse of your desk space.

Abs said...

Hadjare--Ha ha! Not pictured is the fact that all desks in my office are a disaster of paper piles. I positioned the camera just so.

Anonymous said...

shoes can have Cheap TOD'S Shoes an overall effect on a persons health and happiness. Ugg Boots Not only pain and discomfort the north face jackets can be brought on by the wrong babyliss pro hair dryer shoes but headaches, true religion jeans backaches and leg cramps.