Monday, July 14, 2008

From the land of weird but cool...
Sometimes during church...especially when in the summer they sneak a contemporary service in to the traditional lineup...I read the hymnal, looking up hymns I like and singing them in my head. I can usually pay at least three-quarters attention to the service while I do this.
So, imagine my sense of "I've been caught out" when I was reading through "Marching to Zion" and all of a sudden the "Gospel Medley" for the Offertory unexpectedly starts out with..."Marching to Zion."
Thus, by the time the offering plates made their way back to my pew, the usher next to me (who was softly singing along) saw my hymnal open and probably assumed that I had looked up the hymn because it was the offertory.
Thanks for the cover, God! You rock.

No comments: