Monday, March 07, 2011

Scrubs?

For some reason, I received a catalog today from Lydia's Uniforms, mainly a medical scrubs company. I'm not sure what mailing list led to that, but it got me thinking about current uniform fashion. Honestly, lots of these scrubs are pretty fashionable, including the shoes.
Take, for instance, this little blouse:



Crayola threads by Barco, Empire waist top


It has a ruffled neckline and a little bow at the side, and is trim and clean.


Then there is this T-shirt, complete with a quote from Grey's Anatomy:


Grey's Anatomy scrubs by Barco, long seleeve shirt


And while we're at it, let's get some rock-star shoes, like these from Alegria:



And don't even get me started on how comfortable scrub pants look. I favor a drawstring pair that fall to my heels, with a cargo-leg or wide-leg design for a modern look, in a color like "ciel blue" or "wine."
I'm reminded of when, on Project Runway, they made over the postal service uniforms. Who knew medical gear could be so fashion forward? Even so, I wonder what would happen if Project Runway decided to make up new medical uniforms and scrubs? Are you listening, Lifetime?

3 comments:

Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

I would so love to be able to wear scrub pants everyday. I never ever paid attention to Dance Marathon when I was at BG, but I always bought the scrub pants the one Greek house sold.

Abs said...

I didn't know they sold scrubs...where do I get these?

Michele Kim said...

hi, i see you appreciate nursing scrubs! we also offer medical uniforms online.. and we are proud to offer high quality triple stitched scrubs.. with a thicker fabric that can last longer.. if you would like, visit our online catalog at Salus Uniforms. I can send you a sample if you would also like to review our product :)
- Michele