Tuesday, April 24, 2007

in which I waste time before I teach at 11:30

I just had (part of) the most disappointing cup of chai ever. I got it at Panera, and I drank some of it with no trouble, but then, I felt something I shouldn't...the milk, it transpires, had separated out. GROSS!
Now, I don't know exactly how chai is made, but I have never had a cuppa do this, and I have no idea what happened.
Happily, this is the only thing that has marred a morning that is beautiful outside, when I'm wearing a nice outfit and had a lovely and blemish-free Fresh Apple Pastry, also from Panera.
Guess I'll stick to Hazelnut coffee from now on, with five sugars and cream.
So. How you been? Things have been pretty hectic here, but I'm finally getting some free time for a couple of important projects, and of course treating myself to a bubble bath here or a nice breakfast there. I'm wearing my sweet red heels today, which almost cover the sunburn I got at the ballgames this weekend. Yeah...who ever puts sunscreen on their feet? Not me. I also appear to have missed that part of my back where my shirt rides up and my pants ride down. That's going to leave some interesting lines. No matter what I do, I can't ever seem to color, whether tan or burn, without odd streaks or spots. And April-May is the worst...the sunshine is so deceptive. I heard someone talking about not wanting weird lines because they were going to a wedding; I laughed out loud. Because really, who cares? Who cares, two weird girls at the game who were an absurd color of brown (as in, a strange color no human, no matter what race, should be) and then were checking their lines, which honest-to-goodness looked orange, or like that raw sienna crayon color? Guess what? Your skin will look like your leather shoes in about ten years. Have fun at your reunion.
Speaking of which, I have one coming up. Scary! Okay, I'm lying about that, it's not scary, except that the last ten years seem to have gone awfully quickly. I'm actually looking forward to seeing people and what they've been up to all this time. While I've been so busy becoming a published poet. Which is the spin I'll give it.
Well, it's birthday o'clock, which means it's time to get ready to go.

No comments: