Monday, September 24, 2007

Food Talk

Well, last entry was fashion, so I guess we'll move on to food.

Foods I have recently tried and immediately gotten attached to:
Custard Jello pudding mix.
(I know...I could just make some custard. But for some reason this sounded good recently, and it really did hit the spot. I need to get several more boxes now that I know it's a hit. Also, I have no idea why I'm craving pudding. I find the feeling novel.)
Thai Kitchen peanut noodle lunch thingy
(It comes in a little tray with a draining lid, and can be done via microwave or boiling water. It even comes with a fork. I have a Simply Asian pad thai thing to try at the office, too. We'll see how they compare.)
My mother's pork cutlet recipe, made with chicken breasts
(For the uninitiated, this is usually delicious pork cutlets topped with a little sauce from the Kraft Spaghetti box dinner and some mozzarella, and baked. I did it in a skillet with some chicken herbed with flour, pepper, basil, parsley, and oregano, fried in olive oil, then simmered in some white wine with a bit more seasoning. Then the sauce and mozzarella. It blew my mind. I love it with pork, but I don't always have cutlets on hand, and this was a super alternative.)

No comments: