Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Toothpaste companies make me mad.

I knew I was in trouble when I opened my toothpaste and the colored part was orange.
Aquafresh, you make me sad. I was so happy just using regular whitening aquafresh. Now there are all these boxes I don't recognize, so many varieties that I can't remember what I got before, and I can't find at all my beloved plain whitening toothpaste. I picked a box of extreme clean whitening, which seemed like it would be plainish, except that it was fluoride.
So, once I got over my color shock, I brushed my teeth. To my dismay, it tastes like Listerine. What the heck? I am all about fresh breath, but I gotta say, medicine does not smell very fresh, and that's why I seldom use Listerine.
So now I have an entire tube of toothpaste that I don't enjoy. I'm getting used to it, and I will use the whole tube, but I fear that I will never be able to find the right kind again, and I miss that wintry-fresh feeling of my old toothpaste.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

We just bought some fancy new super Crest last week, and Paul accidentally grabbed a box of cinnamon without realizing it. I really don't like cinnamon flavored stuff. So I am in the same boat as you, missy!

Abs said...

Maybe we should trade toothpastes!

Kristen Marlin said...

Weird color and flavor seems to defeat the purpose, doesn't it? Though it doesn't follow that they stain your teeth. I usually go for the plain white or colorless ones.