Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Day I Couldn't Stand Up

So, yesterday I had something of a health catastrophe. I woke up around 8 and thought "I feel queasy," and then went back to sleep. By the time getting-up-for-school time rolled around, I got up, decided I needed to lie back down immediately, and then had to spend two hours trying to get up and not doing a very good job. I felt hungover, though I hadn't had any alcohol at all.
The day was sort of awful. I came to school, but could not sit or stand up without feeling sick. Ultimately, I gave my students their assignment sheets and sent them on their way; I kept my first three conferences and canceled the last three, and went straight to bed as soon as possible. I had a fever of 101.2, bad headache, upset stomach, and heartburn. These symptoms do not usually happen to me in combination, so I was very confused. Naturally, I called my mother. Eventually I was able to eat a few Cheerios, drink some water and a few sips of cola, and feel a bit better with the help of Advil, Pepto, and my fan. And of course my Mommy.
Today, I feel a little wobbly yet but way better. I made it through all my activities, though I now feel quite exhausted and due for a big nap. I am hoping that I feel even better tomorrow and that whatever this is will have gone away. My throat is a bit sore, so I hope the ick is not just changing, though as long as my stomach is okay I'll be better off than yesterday.
I might even get to eat dinner tonight!

No comments: