Thursday, August 09, 2007

Whatcha up to, Cloudy? Thursday edition

So, the manuscript is coming along. At least, I think it is...it turns out I have a lot of poems, so I'm almost putting this book together and deciding what might potentially go in the next and what the themes of that one might be when I have more poems saved up or written for it. There are some sequences in my order so far that make me feel good about them, and then others where I can't tell if it's working or not, and some where I'm totally baffled as to what will go there. And I have some of my favorites that I haven't fit in yet, and that is most confusing, and almost feels disloyal. I had a three-section thing going, but the middle section's original shape is too small and I have no idea what a larger but still workable shape would be.
The long and the short of it is, I have a severe case of eyestrain and crankiness. So cranky, in fact, that I think I might get McDonald's after my meeting tonight. I've been trying to watch what I eat at least to some degree, especially because it's been so hot. But a filet-o-fish and a nice walk later if it's not raining sound kind of nice, don't they? Or a cheeseburger. Or both (don't judge me).
The good news is, I am wearing a cute outfit. The bad news is, my apartments are a disaster of heat and dust and clutter. How am I supposed to clean if I can't even stand still without sweating? You know how much I like to be warm, and how sad I am when I'm cold, but sheesh.
The body knows fall is on its way, though. How else do you explain last week's sudden and undeniable hunger for pumpkin bread (handily satiated by my Betty Crocker)?

No comments: