Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ah, Chicago

Glad to say that, after a spate of horrible dreams, I had a nice one last night. I can't remember what it was about, but I know I woke up and said sleepily, "thas better" and went back to sleep. It had something to do with sunshine.

In other news, I am going to a conference and giving a presentation; the rest of the time will be spent in museums and the Chicago LUSH store, and in my hotel room grading essays. I have a theory that I might be able to do a massively better job of this in a hotel room than I am currently doing at home and office. I even intend to eat at the hotel restaurant or get "carry-up" all three nights, and treat this like a semi-seclusion, AND, I plan to do some good old fashioned writing of a poem whilst there. 'twill rock.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could wrangle a way to meet you in Chicago. Normally this wouldn't be a challenge, but for obvious recent work and life reasons, I'm not sure I can do it. What days will you be there? You can email me if you don't want to blog the details.

~SECP

Paula J. Lambert said...

Have fun, Abs, and good luck.
Nice seeing you for all of two seconds in BG the other day--you look beautiful.

Carrie said...

The Chicago Lush store beckons to me as well. What shall I buy? Perhaps some Sonic Death Monkey body wash? Or some Alkamar soap? Mmmmmmm...

So excited to actually smell things in person again instead of guessing how they smell from the website...