Sunday, July 02, 2006

Open Letter to Person Whose Car I Scratched

Dear Person,
I am so sorry. As I was heading in to church, the wind tore my door out of my hand and sent it clunking into your car door. I left a little paint and a bit of a dent in your door. I'm sorry.
I wanted to catch you after church, but somehow you're quicker than I am, which is hard to believe. I ought to have left my address before church, but I didn't think of it. I'm sorry.
If you're anything like me, you might be angry right now. I take my car very seriously, I love it perhaps a bit too much like a child or a pet...it sleeps right outside my door, after all. Whenever it gets a new scratch or dent I'm sad. I noticed you had another scratch, not caused by me, on the same side, so perhaps you won't notice, but if you're anything like me you'll have noticed immediately. I'm sorry.
Thank you for not leaving me a nasty note on my car, because it was probably pretty obvious, if you noticed the scratch, that it was me. The paint I left will come right off, but I am sorry to have left any other marks, if in fact I did and I'm not just exaggerating out of guilt.
You'd think after five years in "Blowing" Green I'd have learned to hang onto my door, but the truth is, my car shocks me nearly every time I step out of it, and I'm a little gun shy. I'm sorry.
Please Forgive Me!
Avacious

No comments: