Sunday, July 30, 2006

GAH! IKEA!

Damn and blast.
IKEA's website now reports that they are out, OUT, of the white version of the sofa I want. Thus, my backup plan of getting the white sofa and buying an extra blue cover when it comes in is destroyed.
ARGH!
They only have beige and a red and white stripe in right now, both of which are the same price as the blue. Oh, and the number of stores in this country that have Idemo Dark Blue has dwindled to two. How is this possible? HOW?
This is the sound of me begging:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, BLUE, COME IN EARLY! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, IKEA, DON'T FORGET TO CALL ME WHEN IT DOES COME IN!

Update: I called IKEA in what basically amounted to furniture panic, and the lady said they did in fact have white in at Canton. Basically, I'm going to have to pull off a herculean feat of arranging transport, calling IKEA to make sure they have the sofa, and getting it into my place all at the same time. The lady also said that they actually will wait 6 weeks to *make* the order, and then it's a week until it's delivered (hence the previous 8-week timetable), but a: they may move up the order date, and b: they may not reorder the color at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I went to IKEA to buy the navy Ektorp couches and ended up buying the white in the hope of getting the navy later but its proving difficult. I've checked a few shops and at the moment they just have white and beige. Lots of people selling covers on ebay but none in lovely Indemo blue. Just keep hoping.....