Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Heart Church Music

Ordinarily I don't respond well to contemporary Christian music; it's like some poetry that is probably good poetry but just has no resonance for me. There's no rhyme or reason to this response, I just don't seem to get into it. Much like romantic comedies.
Today, though, was an exception...the offertory was a father and son with guitars, singing "Nothing But the Blood." It didn't capture me at first, but then they started a really beautiful harmony section, and they were both really getting into it with the guitars and the singing, especially the son (couldn't really see the father from where I was sitting). It brought tears to my eyes, because they were both showing a neat devotion at both the music and religious level. I came away from it really happy I'd heard the song.

No comments: