Saturday, April 01, 2006

Some bits of TV junk

I was forcibly reminded last night how much Gwyneth Paltrow looks like her mother, Blythe Danner. It was a little scary, actually. I was watching M*A*S*H and Danner was in that episode, and while she has some different mannerisms--a slightly nervous way of holding and shaking her head, a difference of her vocal delivery--the two look nearly identical. Their faces are so similar. I never noticed before, actually, only familiar with how Danner looks now in such things as the X-Files. She has a lovely natural look to her, but it's still quite different. But then, when they were the same age...frightening.
I was watching Cross Country with John Edward, and there was a mother there hearing from her son. Her eyes were utterly amazing. They were the most vivid blue, and while she had them outlined, her lashes seemed naturally dark. When she was crying, I had to cry, too. The eyes were so young and so hurt.

No comments: