Friday, February 03, 2006

I heart Trocks

Trockadero.
Go here. It's funny.
Last night I went to the ballet. It was glorious. I was all dressed up in a brand new dress, a cute boy came with me, we ate pizza, and then laughed with and at dance.
What's great about the Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo is that their repertoire can be appreciated by balletomanes and "normal" people alike. I, for instance, was laughing at the precise renderings of truly ridiculous ballet poses; these were honed to be only exaggerated enough to provoke giggles. They were accurate, but with a special extra something to send them over the edge into hilarity. This is why they are known for both homage and teasing at the same time.
Dancers really do silly things, onstage and off. The Trocks gave me the opportunity to laugh at myself as a dancer and to just flat out laugh.
Oh, and they're all men. In tutus. And pointe shoes.
Funniest piece: Les Sylphides
Most amazing piece: Le Corsaire pas de deux

No comments: