Friday, February 03, 2006

The Runway; or, where the heck is my time going?

Presently, I am feeling appalled because someone seems to have made my time into sand. I can't seem to get a grasp on it, and little pieces keep falling out of my hand.
It is another week, another episode of the Runway. This week's theme: garden party, literally.
Did anyone else panic for all of the designers that none of them was close to finishing a garment at the time the show usually shows them almost done? I'm wondering of the directors were trying to trick us a little, which I resent.
Also interesting: Read Tim's blog on the Runway website. There's an interesting bit there about him wanting to tell the judges that you can't have flowers for the little $100 they gave the designers. They're too expensive. Everyone always wonders about that, if Tim talks to the judges; it appears not. There's also a funny reference in a later page to Santino's story about Andrae and Tim at the Red Lobster. God Bless Tim Gunn.
In any case, I was impressed with all the designs, doubly so because they looked like disasters early on. I was glad Kara got some positive attention, not because of the garment but because she needed it. I also, of course, liked Daniel's and Chloe's creations. The Andrae vs. Nick ending was a bit of a surprise; Nick really fell off the horse, in my humble opinion. I wonder if things would have been different if the judges had been aware of Tim's feeling about cost and flowers, above. Santino's garment was interesting this week, but I was a little sad that one of his earlier mannequin arrangements of the mesh didn't survive...it had a really exciting shape, sculptural but wearable. Ah, well. It may have been a little too much.

That's all...very dramaless this week, for me. Everything was just pleasant to look at, very low on tension.

Wish I could say the same for my own life. Much to my delight, Lush bath and massage products are on their way. They will be used immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh. bath stuff. I've taken a liking to taking baths when stressed with pretty smelling stuff or bubbles, and candlight. unfortunately, dorms aren't exactly set up for that indulgence:( amandap